November 28, 2013
We have a lot of info about variuos types of search and search engines.
The lastrends are to use semantic search and conversational search.
But users need to view full text of info sources and then select excerpts (snippets).
Now it is buzzword “discover”. One of definitions about search versus discover is “search goal is to find one or few relevant info sources, discover goal is to find all related sources”.
The next trend is curation – content curation, digital curation, data curation etc.
I shall try to desribe in the next blogs the goal of curation, features, processes, benefits, tools (there are link to more than hundred tool).
Content curation is used both by marketing and research.
Analytics is one of the trends in future. Earlier we used data analytics, now it is very important text analytics – big data analytics.
And it is very important semiautoamtic reporting when you get info in any way.
December 25, 2008
Today I have tried an interesting search tool that can be usefull as a research tool. http://middlespot.com
It is useful that you can start using the tool at once. You can select some search results for moreadvanced analyzing and save them on your screen.
Below there is an information from their homepage
middlespot.com is a powerful new interface for analyzing and managing your
search results. No plugins, logins or passwords required. Think of us as your
web application for search.\
- see your results in a gallery you can pan and zoom
- save individual results to personalized workpads
- share your research with friends and colleagues
- manage your research efforts over multiple sessions
October 23, 2008
I recommend to try a new Biznar (http://www.biznar.com), a publicly available business research website:
“Deep Web Technologies debuted a beta version of the first of its line of free, federated search portals, Biznar (http://www.biznar.com), a publicly available business research website. Using Deep Web’s highly sought-after federated search technology, Explorit Research Accelerator, Biznar scans the best business websites on the Internet, including blogs, news sites, patent sources, search engines and deep web sources, returning the most relevant results to one, easily navigable, ranked page. Federated search is the future of search because of its ease and power to find content not normally indexed by the popular search engines, including Google, Yahoo! and others.”
May 13, 2008
Today we can access Powerset.
Yesterday I wrote about some nice Powerset features.
Today I should like to pay attention to one more feature.
When you select one of search results on the right you see a box “Article outline”
Below is the SWITCH “Show outline – Show Factz“
and at the botoom of the box you see other box with text of your query and button “Go”
It is interesting to analyze content when you select and click either one of the items in the Outline
or one item in Factz .
May 12, 2008
During a few months I have participated in testing on a new natural language search engine Powerset.\
It is coming soon – today or tomorrow. I shall not be able to have internet access tomorrow therefore I write preliminary comments.
The engine has a number of very interesting features:
1. You enter a query in natural language. It means that you do not need to think about keywords and can get more relevant search results. It means more deep search as well.
2. When you get search results you easy see not full document or webpage but highligted sentences that are relevant to your query.
3. You see semantic environment of your search results. It means that you see a content of the document and you see both related terms and actions you can do for more relevant search.
4. You can select and click the new term or action and then you will see the relevant part of the document or webpage in the content at the right of the document.
5. Powerset team used very nice friendly and interesting tool for collecting feedback.
Best wishes for Powerset team.